Thursday, November 23, 2006

IDIOTIC Me Missing Dlls

When an application I was developing failed to work in the deployment area, I struggled hard to find the bug, and the clause of the problem.

Like most novice programmers, I concentrated on the code, twinking here and there, trying to get it working. But tried as I might, I could not find the clause of the problem. Finally I could not bear it any longer, approached my supervisor for help to trace the problem.

My supervisor, Sindy, is a smart lady, who immediately look at the dll.. And discovered that one dll is missing from the deployment package. When she inserted the missing dll, the whole thing work well.

Lesson Learnt and Humble pie eaten: Always check the dll when you are deploying to a the deployment area to make sure no missing dll. This save you a lot of time in the long run. Missing dlls are very hard to trace and problematic.

No comments:

Post a Comment